Yes, you read that right; vegan Yorkshire puddings. You really can veganise anything to make a cruelty free version that’s just as tasty. And no egg replacers or aqua faba in sight, bonus! These are as yummy as I remember Yorkshire puddings to be, deliciously crispy on the outside and soft & fluffy on the inside, perfect. They even raised around the edges and sunk in the middle!
- Vegetable oil (12 tsp)
- 1/2 pint soy milk
- 115 grams plain flour
- 1 teaspoon cornflour
- 1/2 teaspoon bicarbonate of soda
- pinch salt
- Heat a 12 cup muffin pan with 1 tsp oil in each cup and put in oven at gas 8/230c.
- Mix 115g plain flour, 1 teaspoon cornflour, 1/2 teaspoon bicarb of soda and a pinch of salt in a bowl.
- Gradually whisk in 1/2 pint soy milk until smooth and frothy.
- Take the muffin tray out of the oven and half fill each cup immediately so that the oil is still hot.
- Put back in the oven for 20 minutes and don’t open the door until then!
- Adapted from wonderful recipes on instagram (thanks @carly_182 and @sillygingervegan!)
- Their recipes both used gram flour instead of cornflour (use 1 heaped teaspoon) and didnt call for the bicarb of soda.
- Top Tip – use the back of a teaspoon to gently press the centre down if they are not totally aesthetically pleasing upon remvoing from the oven, works a treat!