This is such a quick and easy egg free quiche recipe and makes enough for 1 large quiche or 1 small whole quiche for slicing, and 12 individual quiche muffins.
The texture is so light it makes a perfect addition to a summer salad for lunch or dinner, or the muffins make a perfect breakie to grab and go!
The fact these are so quick and easy to whip up too means less time in the kitchen and more time relaxing in the garden with a glass of something cold…
I used courgette as the main star of my quiche here but feel free to swap courgette out for your own veg of choice; asparagus also works well as does spinach, broccoli, peppers… you name it, it’ll be delicious in this recipe.
- 1 large courgette, sliced
- 1 1/2 cups chickpea flour
- 2 1/2 cups water
- 1/3 cup dairy free soft cheese*
- 1/2 cup nutritional yeast
- 3 cloves garlic, peeled and pressed
- chopped spring onion and some fresh spinach
- 1/2 teaspoon turmeric powder
- 1 teaspoon curry powder (optional)
- salt & pepper to taste
- Heat a sauce pan with a bit of oil (or for oil free cooking just a little water). Fry the courgette for around 3 minutes, then add the spring onion frying for a few mins, then the garlic and cook for another couple minutes. Before adding the spinach to the pan right at the end and turning the heat down low to gently wilt the leaves. Set aside.
- In a bowl, combine the chickpea flour, water, soft cheese and nutritional yeast. Whisk until all is blended nice and smooth, then add the turmeric and curry powder. You can also add a little smoked paprika if you like. Season with salt and pepper.
- Prepare a casserole dish with greaseproof paper or a bit of oil. Place the fried courgette mix in the dish before pouring the mixture over. You can do in this same way for the muffin tin by placing the courgette in first and pouring mix over. Bake for around 20 minutes at 200°C.
*I used Sheese by Bute Isand foods, they also make the main supermarkets own brand vegan cream cheese in the UK (Asda, Tesco, Sainsbury’s).
*You can’t taste the cream cheese so dont’ worry about using it if you’re not a fan! My hubby wont go near the stuff and couldn’t tell this included it as an ingredient… he gobbled it all up and went back for seconds.
*But if you REALLY dont want to use cream cheese cause you REALLY dont like it and dont believe me! Or indeed if you cant get hold of any, then you can easily swap it out for tahini paste instead.
Tag me on instagram @love_light_vegan if you make these!