Easy peasy tasty vegan pancakes.
This is my go to way of making pancakes. It’s not a skilled or exact science, I just eyeball everything, chucking it straight into my blender and voila, pancakes in what feels like seconds!
But pancakes are such a divine and delicious breakfast, snack or treat that everyone needs to be able to have this at their fingertips.
See Notes section below for ideas and suggestions!
- banana (riper the better)
- plant milk
- chia seeds, cinnamon, peanut butter (optional)
- Place oats in blender and blend until a fine mill oat flour.
- Add banana and milk.
- The ratios are approximately 1/2 cup oats, 1 small banana and 1/4 cup milk. Adjust accordingly until you get a smooth batter with a good consistency – you don’t want it to be too runny or too thick either.
- Add optional ingredients such as seeds and cinnamon and blend.
- Heat a non stick frying pan and spoon approximately 1 heaped teaspoon per pancake.
- Use a spatula to flip after a minute or two.
*Add the optional ingredients as noted above and try other flavours such as chocolate by adding a spoonful of cocoa/cacao powder
*To make chocoloate chip pancakes, stir in choc chips once you have blended up your batter before frying
*Replace oat flour for any other flour of choice. For Gluten Free flour you will likely need to use a higher quantity of milk/water.
*If you are not using a non-stick pan use a little oil or vegan marg; coconut oil works well.
*Serve with fruit, nuts/seeds, chocolate sauce, nut butters or maple syrup