Delicious, easy peasy sweet potato pizza.
I’m on a bit of a sweet potato bender/love in of late… I mean, I’ve always loved them but recently I cant get enough of them! I’ve been making a lot of sweet potato fries coated in smoked paprika and chilli, a fab combo and just so tasty.
I will be adding my sweet potato gnocchi recipe soon, but for now enjoy this oh so easy pizza.
It’s so quick and simple to make and gives such a light and fluffy base which is hard to go wrong with.
Instead of rolling out into a pizza crust, this dough would also make delicious garlic bread or dough balls… just divide and roll into balls before baking, yum! (Find more ideas for uses with this versatile dough below).
To make a single serving, you will need:
- 1 medium sweet potato
- Self raising flour
- Bicarbonate of soda
- Warm water
- Microwave your potato till soft.
- Remove from skin and mash.
- Add 1 tsp bicarb.
- Add flour (approx equal amount to mashed potato).
- Add a splash of warm water and blend to form a dough
- Add a drizzle of oil & a pinch of salt.
- Add more flour until you can knead dough with hands and it doesn’t stick to your fingers. I did this in a large bowl using enough flour to coat.
- Transfer to a baking tray.
- Bake on 200 for around 5-10 minutes while you prepare your toppings.
- Remove pizza crust and layer on your chosen toppings.
- Bake again for a further 10 mins approx, depending on your oven, don’t let it burn!
*Double quantities for 2 pizzas or to make 1 Larger pizza
*Add other flavours while making your dough e.g. a little tomato puree or cayenne pepper, herbs etc
*Use flavoured oil such as sundried tomato or basil infused
*Experiment making other dishes with this dough such as garlic dough balls or mini pitta style breads for dipping in hummus or baba ghanoush!
Let me know what you think of this recipe in comments or tag me on instagram @lovelightleaves